RC Hovercraft Workshop:
Our objective is to support people to explore their creative minds with essence of innovation and technology in the field of Air cushion vehicles.
Get to know all principles governing the aerodynamics of this machine, and, of course, the electronics. The workshop will be kick started with a small introduction to the hovercraft and its working principles. Every team will get the materials required for building the hovercraft with a manual to guide. In the mean time, you will be made clear about the design of the hovercraft and other aspects of electronics that we will be using. By the end of the workshop, participant teams will have made a remote controlled hovercraft which they will take it with them and most importantly participants will witness how application of simple science makes things work!
Who can attend the workshop?
- Students from Engineering /Science / Management Colleges of any branch, any year
- People who have interest in water boat like machines
- In-depth theoretical explanation of all basic concepts
- Sample calculations of design attributes
- Practical demonstration of key concepts with simple experiments
- Creative practical sessions
- Nationally recognized certificates to all.
- One kit for a team of five.
- Certificate of Participation for all the workshop participants from Aero Sapiens jointly with AMA.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
Duration: 2 days (8 Hours each day) Eligibility: No restrictions on branch, stream & year. Max Team size: 5
The List of Topics covered:
- What is a Hovercraft?
- Forces acting on the Hovercraft
- Significance of various parts of the Hovercraft
- Stability of a Hovercraft
- Hovercraft Design, Propulsion and its Control
- Use of Electrical Components in detail
- Radio Control- Transmitters and Receivers
- Some aspects to be considered while designing the Hovercraft
Take away kit includes
- Engine/ Electric Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller
- Transmitter/Receiver Set*
- Servo motor
- Balsa Wood, Balsa Ply
- Styro Foam, Bio Foam
- Control Rods
- Rubber Adhesive, Epoxy Glue
- Working Tools*
- Other miscellaneous items
* Parts will be provided for the workshop and will be taken back after the workshop. This is done to reduce the cost of the kit.
Contact us to know about a venue close to you and workshop fee details.