Running around the park is more constructive than pressing buttons on Games, TV etc…
Rubber powered models are the simplest class among the powered aero models. They are made up of balsa wood, foam, choro sheet, paper etc and have a propeller which drives power from the unwinding of a twisted rubber band.
This workshop is specifically designed for school students and enthusiastic young people. It gives you a great start where you can build, assemble and fly a rubber powered model.
Enjoy the craft of making your own flying model!… This workshop helps the participant to understand aerodynamics, science behind flight, concept of elastic energy in the simplest manner.
By tweaking and experimenting, one can actually make it perform some interesting long duration flights.
Workshop Structure(4 Hours):
- Understanding Aircraft Design -(1 hour)
- Basic concepts of a plane
- Important parts of an Aircraft
- Aerodynamics behind flight of a plane
- Designing and fabricating a rubber powered plane -(2 hours)
- Concepts in design of a rubber band plane
- Launching Demo and Competition -(1 Hour)
- Launching techniques to fly rubber band planes, Q&A
Kit Content: (Buy Kit)
- Balsa wood
- Foam Pre-cut parts
- Epoxy Glue
- Rubber Band
- Step-by-step Instruction Sheet
- Other miscellaneous items
Eligibility: Anybody interested in making Rubber Powered Models can attend this workshop (9 yrs & above)
Pre-requisite: Enthusiasm to fly and passion to learn aeromodeling
Workshop Fee: Rs. 1,500/- with kit.
- Certificate of Participation to all the workshop participants from Aero Sapiens .
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
- Certificate of Coordination to the coordinators.