An ornithopter is an aircraft, which flies like a bird by flapping its wings. The word “ornithopter” comes from ancient Greek words, orni means “bird” and thopter means “wing”.
Many people like to build and fly ornithopters, just because ornithopters are amazing!
Experience the challenge of building your own ornithopter. You can start with a simple, rubber-band-powered mechanical bird, and then work your way up to a large, radio-controlled ornithopter.
Ornithopter Workshop encompasses all the concepts and principles involved in the aerodynamics of an Ornithopter.
- Understanding How Birds Fly?
- History of Ornithopters.
- Types of flapping-wing aircraft.
- Theory behind designing Ornithopters.
- Build on your own rubber-powered bird from the materials provided
- Test flight /competition session
- Troubleshooting, Q&A & Feedback Session
Kit Content: (Buy Kit)
- Balsa Wood Stick
- Bamboo Sticks/ Arm Sets
- Crank Unit Attachments
- Wing & Tail Plastic Sheet
- High Elasticity Rubber Band
- Working Tools*
- And, Step by Step instruction sheets
Eligibility: Anybody interested in making birds can attend this workshop.(9 yrs & above)
Pre-requisite: Enthusiasm to fly and passion to learn something new
Workshop Fee: Rs. 1,500/- with kit.
- Certificate of Participation for all the workshop participants from Aero Sapiens .
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators.
Register for WorkshopCheck out Ornithopter flying video
For more details: Back to Workshops