A hovercraft, also called an air-cushion vehicle, ACV, is a craft capable of travelling at an elevated height over rough terrain. They can also move on land, ice, and water.
Let us first learn by building small hovercrafts out of an old CD and balloons to better understand the basics of hovering. What You Need is:
- A Blank CD
- Pop-top cap from a water bottle or dish soap bottle
- Hot glue gun
The workshop involves the design and fabrication of wired or wireless remote controlled hovercrafts.
It is a simple yet an exhilarating experience for the students when they see their fabricated models come to life and test their models on different terrains.
- Learn Basic Concepts of Aerodynamics
- Understanding the Physics behind Hovercraft
- Structure and parts of a Hovercraft
- Introduction to Remote Control
- Electronics used in RC models
- Test flight /competition session
- Troubleshooting, Q&A & Feedback Session
- 2 Brushed DC Motors
- 2 Propellers
- Remote Control
- 12V-1 A DC-Adaptor
- Corrugated sheet
- Rubber Adhesive
- Rainbow wire
- Working Tools*
- Other miscellaneous items
Eligibility: Anybody interested in making ACV can attend this workshop (9 yrs & above)
Pre-requisite: Enthusiasm to fly and passion to learn aeromodeling
Workshop Fee: Rs. 1,500/- with kit.
Register for WorkshopCheck out Hovercraft video
- Certificate of Participation to all the workshop participants from Aero Sapiens.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
- Certificate of Coordination to the coordinators
For more details: Back to Workshops