Our Objective is to Explore the creative minds in the field of Air Cushion Vehicles !
HOVERCRAFT WORKSHOP: A hovercraft, also called an air-cushion vehicle, ACV, is a craft capable of travelling at an elevated height over rough terrain. They can also move around well on land, ice, and water. They are supported by a cushion of slow moving, high-pressure air which is ejected against the surface below and contained within a “skirt”.
The workshop involves the design and fabrication of wireless hovercrafts. It will enable participants to practically understand the aerodynamics, electronics and instrumentation principles involved in hovercraft design.
- Complete model designed and fabricated by the participants from scratch.
- Design and Fabrication competitions.
- Practical knowledge gained from the program will help participants to take up B.tech/M.tech projects easily.
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the content easily.
TOPICS COVERED AND WORKSHOP STRUCTURE:
- Basic Concepts of Hovercraft
- Understanding the Physics behind functioning of a Hovercraft
- Structure and parts of a Hovercraft
- Introduction to Remote Controlled Hovercraft
- Electronics used in the design of Hovercraft
- 1/2 DC Brushless/ Coreless Motors
- 1/2 Propellers
- LiPo Battery
- Transmitter & Receiver
- PCB remote control for school
- Styrofoam, Corrugated plastic boards as raw material
- Rubber Adhesive
- Hot Glue *
Note:The components mentioned above are parts of take-away kit. It would be provided during the workshop on per team basis but * components would be taken back at the end.
- Teams of at max two candidates are permitted.
- Certificates will be provided to all on successful completion after the workshop on behalf of Aero-Sapiens.
Contact Us for more details…