Discover Flapping Wings!
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE?
An ornithopter is a device that flies by flapping wings. The idea of the ornithopter goes back to ancient times. Ancient Assyrians depicted God flying in a winged chariot or ornithopter about 3,000 years ago. Ornithopter attempts were made before Leonardo’s time, and Leonardo himself never actually built one — he only drew sketches. The first successful flight of a manned ornithopter took place in 1942.
Build your own ornithopter!
Experience the challenge of building your own ornithopter. You can start with a simple, rubber-band-powered mechanical bird, and then work your way up to a large, radio-controlled ornithopter.
ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON RUBBER POWERED ORNITHOPTER:
This workshop encompasses all the concepts and principles involved in the aerodynamics of an Ornithopter.
- Build and test your own Rubber-Powered Ornithopter.
- Understand the principles of Flight of a bird.
- Design a mechanism that imitates a Bird
- Competition for Longest Flight
TOPICS COVERED AND WORKSHOP STRUCTURE:
- Basics of Aerodynamics and flapping-wing flight.
- History of Ornithopters.
- Types of flapping-wing aircraft.
- Understanding How Birds Fly.
- Build your own rubber-powered Ornithopter.
- Test flight /competition session.
- Balsa wood
- Plastic Cut-outs
- Bamboo Sticks
- Double Sided Tape
- Crank shaft mechanism
- Rubber band
- Working Tools*
Note:The components mentioned above are parts of take-away kit. It would be provided during the workshop on per team basis.
- Teams of at max two candidates are permitted.
- Application fee: 1000 Rs. per applicant.
- Certificates will be provided to all on successful completion after the workshop on behalf of Aero-Sapiens.
Contact Us for more details…